The Lowell House-Danilovsky Bells
The first set of 17 bells hung in the Lowell House bell tower came from the Danilovsky Monastery in Moscow, named for Prince and Saint Daniel (1261-1303). Most of the bells are part of a 19th century zvon, though the oldest is thought to date back to the late 17th century. In all, the bells weighed approximately 25 tons. In 2008, the bells were returned to the Danilovsky Monastery, and a new set of Russian bells were installed in their place.